Claim filing options; documentation, submission requirements
A claim on a loan must be filed within 60 days after title transfer, which could be one of the following:
- A foreclosure sale has been completed
- The property is sold as a borrower-titled sale
- For deeds in lieu of foreclosure, a claim must be filed within 90 days from the date of deed in lieu approval and within 60 days of execution of the deed in lieu
Expedite the processing of your claim by providing all required documentation with the claim.
File a claim for loss using:
- MGIC/Link Servicing — Select File a Claim in the main menu
- Electronic formats — Contact MGIC eCommerce Services, email@example.com or 1.800.558.9900 for information
- The editable MGIC Claim for Loss Form
- Complete the form
- Save your PDF
- Send the document to MGIC via Secure File Transfer; select Claimsquery
- Fax the document to 1.800.353.8781
Submit a request to update a pending claim or file a supplemental claim via Secure File Transfer.
- Select Claimsquery as File Recipient
- Indicate within your message the type of request:
- Update to Pending Claim
- Filing a Supplemental Claim
Check claim status via MGIC/Link Servicing; select Policy Inquiries in the main menu.