IMPORTANT: Rate Finder quotes rates effective on the date you generate your quote. Beginning April 4, 2016, Rate Finder will return:
- the new rates for states that have approved the rates
- the rates currently in place for states that have not yet approved the new rate filing
Our free MGIC MI app is the perfect tool for the LO on the go.
To expedite your rate quote, MGIC's Rate Finder prefills certain fields with frequently used loan characteristics.
- Change any fields, as necessary
- Enter credit score, loan amount and ZIP Code
- Click Get Quote
To compare up to four prices for different rate programs, in the Premium Plan Options section of the form, click Compare to Another Program.
- Select new options for the Premium Paid By, Premium Type, Refund and Renewal fields
- Click Get Quote
- Click Open Quote to open an individual rate quote
- Click Open Comparison if you requested multiple quotes, and you want to see the data used to obtain the quotes
- Click E-mail Quote and enter an e-mail address in the "To" field to send the quote to yourself or a colleague
- The quote will come from MGIC Rate Finder with a subject line of "MGIC Rate Quote"
- If you fill in the "From" option, the e-mail will indicate that the recipient should "Respond to the address entered in the From field."
- Click Order MI to login to Loan Center and submit an MI application
- Click Modify Quote to return to the entry page with the data you just submitted retained
- Click New Quote to clear the form and start over
- If data used to obtain the rate quote changes, the premium rate is subject to change
- Your comprehensive quote includes applicable state premium taxes and assessments
- Your premium rate quote is valid for 60 days from the date it is issued
- Premium tax quotes are subject to change
- Provide the Rate Quote ID in the loan file to ensure you receive the rate quoted
- Rate quotes are based on current premium programs
- Eligibility notes are based on current Underwriting Requirements
- Underwriting Requirements are subject to change
- Underwriting Requirements in effect at the time of application apply
Add a Rate Finder shortcut icon to your desktop
Internet Explorer users, create a desktop shortcut to set up one-click access to Rate Finder:
- Right-click here on this text
- Select Create Shortcut
This icon will appear on your desktop: