“A winning mindset”: Adding value to referral partners to earn their business
Mortgage Connects host Stephanie Budnik discusses referral partner relationships and strategies with Matt Weaver, vice president of mortgage sales for CrossCountry Mortgage. Matt is ranked the #1 purchase mortgage originator in the United States for closed transactions in 2022, and he was the #1 originator in the entire state of Florida for 2020, 2021 and 2022.
- What makes you unique and so successful in the mortgage industry? (1:16)
- You've been recognized as the most Realtor®-referred loan originator in the state of Florida, over any other loan originator. What types of activities have you done to earn such an accolade? (2:45)
- What industry trends are you seeing that we should take note of? (12:18)
- Overcoming obstacles: What tips do you have to navigate them? (16:55)
- With market conditions and expectations, what's the best way to grow your business in 2023 and beyond? (20:29)
- What advice would you give someone wanting to pursue a career like yours? (33:54)
REALTOR® is a registered trademark of the National Association of REALTORS®.
The opinions and insights expressed in this Q&A are solely those of its interviewee and do not necessarily represent the views of either Mortgage Guaranty Insurance Corporation or any of its parent, affiliates, or subsidiaries (collectively, “MGIC”). Neither MGIC nor any of its officers, directors, employees or agents makes any representations or warranties of any kind regarding the soundness, reliability, accuracy or completeness of any opinion, insight, recommendation, data, or other information contained in this blog, or its suitability for any intended purpose.
Matt Weaver, CrossCountry Mortgage Vice President of Mortgage Sales
Matt Weaver is ranked as the #1 purchase mortgage originator in the United States for closed transactions in 2022 and has been the #1 originator in the entire state of Florida for 2020, 2021 and 2022. Matt has dedicated his life's work to servicing the mortgage needs of the real estate community, specializing in the purchase market, its agents and their clients for over two decades. Matt’s cutting-edge concepts and relentless pursuit of supporting agents have earned him the record for the number of contracts accepted in a multiple-offer situation during the most competitive years our market has seen in modern history. His unique team structure and process flow have allowed him to help over 25,000 families purchase a home to remain a top producer through all market cycles.