Build relationships. Show how homeownership can be attainable. Demystify the math of buying a home.
Do it all with consumer calculators from MGICOur calculators help turn renters into homebuyers by illustrating their options. And when they’re ready to take the next step, they’ll turn to the loan officer who helped them get started.
4 ways to use MGIC calculators to turn renters into homebuyers:
- Share calculators on social media via Readynest, our consumer site – just use the share icons on any page. Check out the individual calculators on Readynest in English or Spanish using the links below
- Link to our calculators from your website
- Use our calculators with borrowers in person to help them understand their options
- Personalize and share this flyer in the office, at open houses or as part of a homebuying seminar — just download and add your own contact information
Meeting consumers where they are
Consumers at the beginning of their buying journey can get a quick snapshot of their options with only a few inputs. More sophisticated consumers can explore more complex scenarios.
Our consumer calculators:
- Include mortgage insurance in calculations for more realistic results
- Are easy to use, with fewer inputs
- Are mobile-friendly
- Are available in English or Spanish
Buy now vs wait calculator
Check out the buy now vs wait calculator
Down payment calculatorExplores down payment options. 2 calculators in one! The mini version shows the down payment levels a consumer can afford based on the price of a home and their savings level.
The maxi version, with more input options, compares how 2 user-defined down payment levels stack up.
Check out the down payment calculator
Rent or buy calculator
Compares the cost of renting vs. owning a home.
Check out the rent or buy calculator
Monthly payment calculator
Estimates a mortgage payment based on the price of the home and a down payment.
Check out the monthly payment calculator
Home affordability calculator
Estimates how much home a consumer can afford based on their monthly housing budget.
Check out the home affordability calculator
You might also like
How to reach first-time homebuyers
Turn more renters into first-time homebuyers with tools from MGIC.
Down payment assistance tools
Make the most of down payment assistance programs with Down Payment Resource®