“It’s a belief system”: The powerful mindset of top mortgage loan originators
Todd believes in the importance of accountability, establishing emotional connections and relationships vs. transactional ones, and that everything can be improved. His mantra is trust yourself, your relationships, your faith, and your future. When you do that, you set in motion a university of possibilities.
- You talk about mindset, attitude, and the importance of knowing your “why.” What’s your message given the uncertainty in the market and the changing landscape we’re all facing? (2:03)
- Early in your mortgage career, you had an epiphany. What was it, and how is it relevant today for mortgage and real estate professionals? (10:06)
- About your High Trust Selling System, you mention the “secret sauce” is the Hight Trust Interview. You’ve even been quoted as saying this is the Holy Grail of selling. Can you provide additional insight? (19:13)
- Your company has coached thousands of mortgage and real estate professionals. You even have your 1% group. What are some of the decisions that this elite group makes every day that anyone wishing to be more productive can emulate? (24:51)
- You held an event recently we were part of, IRREFUTABLE: The 5 Principles of High Performing Mortgage and Real Estate Practices. Can you quickly explain each principle to our listeners? (30:12)
Free download! Get Todd Duncan's Talk Less..Sell More, the complete playbook for mortage and real estate agents for getting to "yes" and winning clients for life.
More from Todd Duncan: "3 tips for loan officers to finish the year strong" on MGIC's Loan Officer Hub website.
The opinions and insights expressed in this Q&A are solely those of its interviewee and do not necessarily represent the views of either Mortgage Guaranty Insurance Corporation or any of its parent, affiliates, or subsidiaries (collectively, “MGIC”). Neither MGIC nor any of its officers, directors, employees or agents makes any representations or warranties of any kind regarding the soundness, reliability, accuracy or completeness of any opinion, insight, recommendation, data, or other information contained in this blog, or its suitability for any intended purpose.
Todd Duncan, bestselling author and sales entrepreneur
Todd is a Sales Entrepreneur with over 5,000,000 students around the globe that he has mentored and taught in real estate, mortgage, banking and financial services.
In his first career move, he became a Real Estate Broker and Licensed Loan Originator, successfully negotiating and financing over 5,000 Real Estate transactions in 12 years. He then took that success and launched The High Trust Company with a vision of transforming how sales professionals build high performing real estate and mortgage practices.
Todd has spent his life teaching and equipping professionals with the power of HIGH TRUST as the key catalyst in achieving their personal and professional dreams. As the leading Authority on Trust, he helps business professionals accelerate emotional connection with clients, increasing conversion and setting the client up for a lifetime of loyalty.
Todd is a highly sought after, game-changing speaker, presenting solutions for the real-life challenges business professionals face daily and giving them vision, confidence and a plan to get more out of business and life! His mantra is trust yourself, your relationships, your faith and your future. When you do that, you set in motion a universe of possibilities.
He is the author of 17 books including the New York Times bestsellers Time Traps: Proven Strategies for Swamped Sales People and his game-changing book High Trust Selling: Make More Money in Less Time with Less Stress. Todd has been featured in The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Sydney Morning Herald, The Los Angeles Times, The Daily Telegraph, The Seattle Times, Entrepreneur Magazine, SUCCESS Magazine, FOX and CNN amongst other media sites and publications.