Diversity and inclusion: Connecting with the Asian American demographic
To honor and celebrate Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month, we interviewed Sean Phalon, Asian Real Estate Association of America (AREAA) Vice Chair, to shed some light on diversity in both his personal life and professional life. Tune in to gain better insight on what matters when working with the Asian community.
- Tell us about your involvement with the AREAA. (1:03)
- Why is diversity important in the workplace and how do you incorporate it in your day-to-day? (2:50)
- How has your cultural background played a role in your personal life and professional life? (4:45)
- In May we celebrated Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month. What does being Asian mean to you? (6:31)
- What insight can you provide in working with the Asian community demographic? (8:18)
- Looking back at your professional trajectory, what advice would you give your younger self and why? (14:52)
The opinions and insights expressed in this Q&A are solely those of its interviewee and do not necessarily represent the views of either Mortgage Guaranty Insurance Corporation or any of its parent, affiliates, or subsidiaries (collectively, “MGIC”). Neither MGIC nor any of its officers, directors, employees or agents makes any representations or warranties of any kind regarding the soundness, reliability, accuracy or completeness of any opinion, insight, recommendation, data, or other information contained in this blog, or its suitability for any intended purpose.