eClose and the future of the digital mortgage processWe discuss all things “eClose” with Service First Mortgage’s Ian Kimball, Executive Director of Strategy, and Dee Hoyle, Executive Director of Operations. Ian and Dee uncover how the eClose process works for their organization, including both its advantages and challenges, and reveal changes they anticipate in the future as the mortgage process moves to being fully digital. They also walk us through the complete eClosing process and highlight what that experience is like for the customer.
- Why has eClosing been slow to gain full adoption within our industry? (0:00)
- What has happened recently that make the experience better? (9:24)
- Walk me through the process of a full eClose, what does the customer experience look like? (11:39)
- What additional challenges do you see that need to be overcome before everyone is doing eClosings? (19:00)
- What additional changes do you see in the future of closing and even technology? (24:34)
The opinions and insights expressed in this Q&A are solely those of its interviewee and do not necessarily represent the views of either Mortgage Guaranty Insurance Corporation or any of its parent, affiliates, or subsidiaries (collectively, “MGIC”). Neither MGIC nor any of its officers, directors, employees or agents makes any representations or warranties of any kind regarding the soundness, reliability, accuracy or completeness of any opinion, insight, recommendation, data, or other information contained in this blog, or its suitability for any intended purpose.