"The market will normalize": Being proactive in a seller's marketWhen volume slows, you'll need an effective sales and marketing strategy to grow your business. John Donnelly of Service First Mortgage talks about learning to market yourself again, the challenges of recruiting new loan officers, and ways to create a thriving remote work environment.
- What challenges did you face during the pandemic? (1:27)
- Are there benefits or takeaways from the pandemic that you can take moving forward? (7:35)
- What obstacles do you foresee still being a challenge post-pandemic? (9:24)
- Are there operational changes you see occurring – for example, branches closing, borrower outreach? (15:10)
- From a management standpoint, how are LOs continuing to stay top-of-mind within the industry? (16:38)
- What are the biggest challenges you face when it comes to recruiting while still maintaining your current originators? (20:02)
The opinions and insights expressed in this Q&A are solely those of its interviewee and do not necessarily represent the views of either Mortgage Guaranty Insurance Corporation or any of its parent, affiliates, or subsidiaries (collectively, “MGIC”). Neither MGIC nor any of its officers, directors, employees or agents makes any representations or warranties of any kind regarding the soundness, reliability, accuracy or completeness of any opinion, insight, recommendation, data, or other information contained in this blog, or its suitability for any intended purpose.