“When you do the right thing, the money will come”We interview top producer Joel Mahakian of Premium Mortgage Corporation, who explains why “When you do the right thing, the money will come.” We also discuss his words of wisdom and advice to others in pursuit of a successful career, including staying “in the know” when it comes to originating loans, noteworthy industry trends and developments, how homeowners have changed over the past several years (and why it matters), and effective ways to stay connected to referral partners.
- As a top producer in your market, how do you continue to stay successful and in the know? (1:06)
- What industry trends are you seeing that we should take note of? (2:00)
- How has the type of homeowner changed over the last several years? Do you see this changing again in the future? (3:49)
- In what ways do you stay connected to your referral partners, and which relationships are the most effective? (4:54)
- What advice would you give someone who wants to pursue a career like yours? (6:55)
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever received? (9:47)
Joel has been in the mortgage business for over 16 years and has consistently been one of the top-producing loan officers in the area. His business was built around relationships which were built by trust, honesty, accountability, and respect. When Joel puts his name on something and says, “It’s going to happen, you must deliver.” He prides himself on that, and from that he’s gained loyalty from his business partners. In life he enjoys traveling and food abroad, cooking, and spending time with his friends and family. He’s an absolute sun lover! Something he’s always lived by is that “When you do the right thing, the money will come.”